When you plan your wedding, an undeniable thing to get excited about is the fact that there will be lots of yummy food you and your guests will get to eat. People labour over their wedding menu to create a celebratory menu that suits the occasion and often the heritage of the couple.
But beyond the wedding dinner, there are a number of other edible things you can add to your wedding. Luckily, there are many purveyors of fine edibles for weddings. Do not forget to talk to your wedding photographer about capturing the culinary essence of the day. Beyond photos of the happy couple feeding one another wedding cake, having detail photos of food and edible favours served at your wedding reception will help you look back fondly on the thought and preparation you put into your wedding day.
There are about a zillion different types of wedding cakes to choose from. They can be matched to your wedding colours and to various themes. Some couples go with dummy cakes for decoration only and others have edible cakes created. You will have memorable and frame-worthy wedding photos taken beside your cake so do not be afraid to go for something fancy. You may choose the traditional fruit cake or go for the various “mud options” through to carrot cakes, croquenbush and gluten free options. You might even opt to have a cake designed for your special day by sharing photos and ideas with a cake decorator.
Edible Wedding Favours
A lot of people opt for edible wedding favours. These can act as decorations as well as be taken home by guests. Whether you opt for a candy bomboniere, boxed truffles or other chocolates to give away, candied almonds wrapped in organza, or another edible wedding favour, there are great choices that will add to the decor and personalisation of the big day.
Some Ideas for Edible Treats & Decor
• Candy buffets can help you create a feast for the eyes in your reception hall. Guests can be given boxes or sachets to take home.
• A chocolate fountain with fruit platters makes a delicious looking feature at your reception. Some wedding caterers will even create fruit bouquets for an even prettier display.
• Personalised lollipops placed on tables or as part of centrepieces can be a lovely display.
• Hand chosen teacups and saucers for the ladies is a unique idea and something that can be kept forever.
• Mini bottles of your favourite champagne for the ladies and a spirit for the men.
• You can purchase personalised wedding mint tins to adorn table place settings as well.
• Depending on what food you are serving, you can also purchase personalised sauce bottles for condiments.
• Flower arrangements and small flower vases may be gifted to guests.
There are a lot of options for edible wedding favours that double as decor for the big day. Take a look around the local area and you’ll find some great options that will look great in your wedding photos as well as make your event more personalised and memorable for guests.